Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week One: Actually Do Something

So, my goal for this week is to just actually start something. I started Couch to 5K to start running two weeks ago, rationalized my way through not doing it last week, and have come to yet another week where I just don't feel up to it, but I know I must. On September 1st I will be starting the Shakeology Challenge. (Basically, I drink a shakeology shake, eat better, and exercise, and see if I lose weight). If I lose the MOST weight/inches by the end of the month in the group of people, I get $50, so I figured, what the hell. This may sound ridiculous, but I usually FEEL a change. I can feel a change in myself when I'm ready to start something. Right now, I feel that I'm in the middle of a cold, that I'm anxious about submitting my weight and measurements to someone else (a requirement of the Shakeology Challenge), and that I want to change (but not necessarily feeling that I will). I am a starter, not a finisher. I can start literally anything and everything. I usually put in a good 2-3 weeks, then I just fade out. So, my goal this week is to actually do something, and stick to it (so in reality this is a continuous goal). Apologies for the lack of wit and entertainment in this blog, but I promise my next one will be better than this one. Me writing this blog is part of my goal to "Actually Do Something". So, here it is.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Words on the page. Or rather, words to the screen. It's a huge start. I am always surprised that when I write my intentions down, they have a better chance of coming to fruition. I believe in you. You can do whatever the hell you want.

    ReplyDelete